Monday, July 21, 2008

Oops. My bad.

So, I read over my last post, and I realized that once I got on my rabbit trail, I never got back on to explaining how AMAZING Batman was.

Yes, it was creepy. But in a good way. The acting was absolutely incredible, the transformation that the actors took on to portray their characters was mind boggling.

The sets and action were really good too.

And the plot. OH the plot!!! Okay, I am not going to say anything about the plot. But I will talk about the moral dilemma that it presents.

IT was a movie that really made me think,"If I was in this situation, would I make the right choice, could I put the greater good above my own personal gain?"

The audience was enthralled. You gasped together, laughed together, and clapped together.

The hushed silence that filled the air as the movie started showed the anticipation that they all had. Even the kids. But, I digress.

So if I accidentally convinced you to not go see it.....

Bazappy!

There, did I convince you to go see it?

It's really really good, I promise. You'll sit on the edge of your seats and be gripped with anticipation with how it is going to end.

2 comments:

Emily said...

For grown-ups, and by that I mean at least 18 and up, it was a great film! I'll admit the acting was terrific! Frankly, I'm not a fan of violent movies. I don't have the mind that can shake them off afterwards. I'm still shocked at all of the kids that are flocking to see it! That bothers me greatly. Our world is dark enough without feeding that to impressionable minds! I hope my comment didn't deter any adults from going!! I still don't agree with the PG-13 rating. It was definitely an R-rating that was toned down slightly for marketing purposes. That mortifying pencil scene alone should have made it an R!! You can't tell me that even a 14 year old would think about the affects of evil on their decisions! Most early teens still have trouble making good decisions or even consider what consequences are! Somehow, Britt, I don't think we deterred anyone because the Dark Knight broke all time box office records this weekend!!

Angela said...

yeah.....it's still a no for me.

LOL but I love that you enjoyed it. XOXOXO