Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Update

The interview at Borders went well. If you can call it an interview. It was about 5 minutes long! I am on to round two tomorrow, at noon. I am also meeting with a principal from a private school around here. I may be teaching 5th and 6th science, and 5th/6th Latin, if it all works out. It doesn't seem to phase them that I do not know a lick of Latin. I guess they figure I will learn!

I am kind of excited about the science/ Latin thing, but am waiting on getting my hopes up until I find out more about their pay system. I will update again tomorrow.

Principal meeting at 10:30
Borders Interview at 12

Please be in prayer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck D!

Marsha C said...

Hey Brit,
I'll be praying for you today! I can't wait to hear how things went. I love you bunches!
Mom

Emily said...

We'll be praying for you, Britt! Leave it to you to get the job teaching a language you have to learn to teach! If you do learn Latin though, guide me on the right books to lead me and my kids to because I've always said that taking Latin would make a world of difference when taking vocabulary tests! Silly me, I took French thinking I'd be studying art in Paris, France! Nope, I married a man fluent in Spanish and English instead! However, I was able to figure out a ton of Spanish because of my French! How? Because they are both Latin based languages! I can see how this would fit with your love of learning! Keep us posted! We love you!

Angela said...

I can't wait to hear how it went!!