Wednesday, January 7, 2009

10 Minutes and Counting

I have 10 minutes until I need to be in bed. Funny, as a child I never pictured my grown up self giving me a bedtime. But, I definitely need the sleep. I usually run on 8 hours of sleep- a steady, strong 8 hours. However these last 4-5 nights it has been more like 5-6 hours, plus the added stress of the new classroom/job, so I am in need of some R&R.

Speaking of class, today it was considerably better. Not good by any measure, but better than yesterday for sure. I have an optimistic outlook on this situation, and hopefully by the end of next week, they will have calmed down some. I have a delicate balance and scaring them with my sternness and wowing them with my utter awesomeness. We'll see how that works out.

Ian and I drove ALL the way to Jacksonville tonight, and back again, and got to try out Zaxby's for the first time. We were pretty impressed. They give you a ton of food for not so much money. Ian was just cheesed that they gave you "slush" ice in your drink-which apparently means for good chewing.

Time for Bed....and Gilmore Girls of course.

1 comment:

Marsha C said...

I hope you have a wonderful day with your kiddies. Can't wait to hear how your meeting went.