Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blogging Book Goal- Book #2

Now, don't think I am a super super fast reader, because I promise I did not just finish this book in 3 days! It actually took me about a week in whole to read, and the first hundred pages or so were painful, trying to get into it.

So, for my second book of the year, I read, Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen. I have seen the movie probably a dozen times, or so, and so I wasn't really expecting to be WOWed by the book, however, I totally was!!

The characters are so funny and witty, and the plot has more depth to it than I expected. I think, after finishing my second Jane Austen book, there are some definite trends and patterns to her writing, but easy to overcome because of how relatable the characters are!

The story is about two of the Dashwood sisters, Marianne and Elinor, and their quest for marriage. Marianne is very opinionated about who she thinks is worthy to be her husband, while Elinor is much more 'sensible.' Of course, like any good Austen book, there has to be problem along the way with the match ups, and the heartache they go through almost brought me to tears.

I would definitely recommend this book, if you are in need of a good "chick flick," via literature. I wouldn't recommend this book if you were looking for an easy read though...it's really one you have to earn, to finish.

No comments: