Friday, January 9, 2009

Congratulations Gators!!!

BCS National Champions

2008

University of Florida

Gators


I am so proud to say I have always been, and always will be a Gator fan. from my earlies memories my Dad was insane about the Gators, and I soon came to love them. I have to tell you, I had a slight 8 year old crush on Danny Wuerfel right before they one the championship in the Sugar Bowl in 1996.


And now! 12 years later and I am LIVING in Gator Nation! It was soooo incredible to be here in town when they were going for the SEC championship and then the National Championship. The people here go nuts!


Anyways. Here is to a great season Gators! And many more to come. And even if you have some rough spots, I will always love you.

Also. Ian is becoming more of a fan, and less embarressed of his Gator studentdom. I actually made him say "I am a Florida Gator," awhile back. It took quite awhile. But he's realizing the it's possible to like two teams, as long as you like one more than the other. And unfortunately, his heart may always lie with the Georgia Bulldogs.

Also, my Dad must still be the biggest fan. He wore his tattoos that I gave him AND he called me at 6:30 in the morning today to ask us to pick him up a paper (ok, so I wasn't so fond of him calling at 6:30 when I was up until almost 1 the night before, especially since it wasn't an "emergency," but whatev. And Ian wasn't too happy when, after I hung up, he called Ian's phone to make sure the message went across. Not cool because Ian was supposed to be sleeping in.) However he is still the biggest fan so I guess it is excusable. Just remember Dad, you only got away with it because I know you love the Gators!

1 comment:

Love is the Movement said...

28,000 Gator fans swarmed University last night and it was amazing.
Its great to be a Florida Gator! :D