Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh La La- Take Two

Turns out tonight was "oh la la," worthy!

A pseudo date with my husband with a quiet dinner, a movie, and ice cream afterwards. And I say pseudo, because Sam was there, but it still was alot of fun.

We went and saw Defiance, which was about a family that protected a bunch of Jewish people in the Russian woods during WWII. It was SO well done. And great. And like everything I would have wanted in a movie.

Did you know, as a child, I was somewhat obsessed with WWII and the holocaust? No? Well, I was. I read everything I could get my hands on on the matter, and knew much more than your average 9 year old on the topic.

Right. So the movie was great, and I would recommend it. The whole theater was enthralled, which I think is the most fun to go to. There were collective gasps, and laughs, and the applause at the end made it all worth it.

Except for that annoying guy behind me, who thought it was a good idea to tap his foot incessantly. It's not, by the way.

Then, a run out to the car in the cold rain, and over to a local ice cream/coffee shop to chat and eat.

And now, I am sitting cozy on our couch, while said husband plays a video game (Brawl, Heather!) and am waiting for the load of laundry to finish so I can go to sleep.

A very good weekend. AND I have tomorrow off.

AND I just finished my book.

*sigh* all is right in the world.

1 comment:

Kyle Scharf said...

I did'nt know you were obsessed with WWII... Hmm... strange...