Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blogging Book Goal- Book #10

I told you I was reading fast!


Technically, I finished this book the same day I finished my last book, but I spaced out the reviews a little bit to give you all a break.


My next book, was a non fiction book. I really struggle with reading nonfiction. It is *technically* to blame with my generation, or so my professors have all told me. A big movement in education and teaching is to emphasize reading the nonfiction books, but that was not the case when I was in school. They say you have to practice reading nonfiction, so I am really just beginning that journey.



For Women Only

By Shaunti Feldhahn

Ian's aunt gave us this set of books (there is a For Men Only, as well,) for our wedding gift, and I have been rather skeptical about them.

After all the talk about marriage books lately, I decided to read through one that we already had! And this was my choice.

Plus, it has a really neat cover.

And let's be honest. I totally judge a book by its cover.

Do you?

( a real book people! not a person!)

I LOVED IT! It was real, it was applicable, and it encouraged great conversations between Ian and I.

I really think it changed my way of thinking on several things, and I am so excited to put into practice some of the things that I learned!

I would recommend this book to anyone. Ever. Married or single. Man or woman. Really!

I know I am going to reread it in a year or two as a refresher as well!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I've heard of this book and have been curious about it. I'll have to check it out since you gave it such a good review :-)

Callie said...

Have you read "For Young Women Only"? I read that one a few years ago; I'm wondering if "For Women Only" covers the same topics, or does it tlak about other things, or the same topics in different ways? I might have to read the cover and table of contents to find out, but if you know, please share! I'm always up for a good book to help my marriage though, so I might have to check it out regardless!

katie said...

Hey, I've read parts of this in the bookstores periodically. And it's because I think the cover is cool!

I'll have to try and read the whole thing sometime.

And I definitely judge a books by its cover.

Kelley said...

ooo maybe I should give it a try! I wasn't quite sure if it would be any good!

Kaylyn said...

LOVE this book!! It gave me a lot of info I did not know about my husband!