Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blogging Book Goal- Book #7

I did it!

Finally!

A month later, and I have finally finished John Steinbeck's "East of Eden."

Of course, it wasn't a continuous month of reading, but, still.

My review of this book is going to be short, because it is hard to say much about it without giving it away. So basically, I will tell you what the back of the book would tell you:

This book is about Adam Trask, and how he and his brother replicate Cain and Abel's falling out. Then Adam goes and marries a psychopath and have twins, who they name after Cain and Abel. Then you read and see if they too replicate the fall, in the next 400 pages.

I really did like this book. But since I read it so broken up and choppy, it's hard to tell sometimes. I would recommend reading it all within a week, so that you can keep up the ideas that Steinbeck wanted to have rolling around in your head as you read.

That's all. Now I am off to choose my next book.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you read East of Eden! There is a pretty good movie version with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. I'm not certain if it is on DVD- it was on video. I've wanted to read the book- geez- any book for that matter! Life has been so crazy I haven't sat long enough to read much of anything!! I did get my hands on a book about Thomas Jefferson called "Twilight at Montecello", about his years after his presidency. I hope to read it soon! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting book! I LOVE reading - always in the summer holidays it is my number one hobby for the beach, garden, BBQ's etc lol? X.

5th Belle Avenue said...

Just sumbled upon your blog. Now I want to read East of Eden!! Right now I'm reading Three Cups of Tea and love it!