Thursday, March 19, 2009

Date Night

Last night, Ian and I got to go out on a rare date night.

Up until now, we have been blessed to have gift certificates from our wedding for restaurants and movies that we have been using. Seriously, what a blessing!! From now on, that will probably be what I give to couples for their wedding, it was just so nice to be able to go out, and not worry about tapping into our limited budget!

But now, we have used up the last of our gift certificates. Actually, last week was the last one, when we used our IHOP gift certificate for some pancake/omelet styled date night.

Our friend James finagled this evening, inviting his friend Sarah, our mutual friends Ben and Amanda (they got married about a month after Ian and I,) and us! We went to a Japanese Steakhouse here in G-Ville, and it was surprisingly good!

I'm not much of a sushi person- I don't like fish, and I don't like the texture of the non fishy ones, so I go with the not so classy grilled right in front of you stuff. YUM. And, to make my momma proud, I will let you know that the veggies (especially the zucchini,) is my favorite part of it all!

Afterwards, Ian and I went and walked around "the bookstore." You know, the one I worked at last summer/fall. It was just just to relax there, but was strange because I found myself straightening the books, checking shelf tags, and talking to my old supervisor (he got demoted :( . )

I did find this really neat book, but, unfortunately, I don't know the name of it, haha! It's a coffee table book on the most incredible 400 places in the world, or something like that. It was really enrapturing.

I did decide, that the next book I would buy would be the books, "The Phantom of the Opera," and "The Three Musketeers," in my favorite classic print that "the bookstore," has. All in all, a great date night! Also, in case you didn't know, I love my husband!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Okay, Britt! I gotta let you in on a great cheap date night secret....Toys-R-Us! Seriously! Gus and I, when we were young and broke...had some of our best date nights in Toys-R-Us! We'd play with stuff...lie and say we were looking for a good gift for a nephew...which we did that too...but...we would play with all of the stuff! We learned a lot about each other on those dates! We'd share a favorite childhood toy if we saw it...or try out something new for the fun of it! Now...we'd never go into Toys-R-Us with our kids because they'd all want something and drive us crazy. We still love the bookstore...any one we can get to and enjoy browsing...with or without our children we always have fun in a bookstore! Glad you and Ian had a fun date night!! Love ya!