Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Errands

Yesterday I spent my day running errands.

Now, that may sound boring to you, but I love accomplishing something on a list.

Checking it off.

Check
Done
Complete
Finito
Hullus

Yessssss.

Right. So yesterday I got up, made Ian's lunch and dinner for him to take with him, showered, got the apartment ready for some fire inspection, and headed out.

My first stop, the Christian book store.

You see, when I was 18, I got my first credit card offer from my favorite Christian book store, and after talking to my parents and my sister, and after realizing my best friends were getting it (haha, oh boy,) I applied and received the card. Now, you may be wondering what this has to do with my errands yesterday, but hang in there, I'm getting to it!

Three years into having the card, and receiving the awesome 10 dollar gift certificates as spending bonuses, the book store dropped the card, and it was then run by MBNA. bummer. No more gift certificates. And I didn't want to get rid of it, because I had done amazing with it, earning myself a great credit score, and I didn't have any other one.

THEN, the bookstore sent an apology note, for dropping the card, and....12 ten dollar gift certificates!!!!

Unfortunately, I can only use one a month. But still! That's ten dollars off of an item that is usually 13-15 dollars!

I plot out well in advance what each gift certificate is going to.

This month, I bought "The Five Love Languages," because I wanted to make sure I had it in our library.

Next month? The new Gosselin book, of course! It is released on the 14th, I believe. AND I have a 20 percent off coupon, which will make it free!

Right. So, I went to the bookstore, then drove over to our mall to get my Clinique powder. I took a quick jaunt to the food court for a sub, then walked the long way back to my car. It was gorgeous outside!

Off I went to the bank to deposit my husbands paychecks.

Then, off to Target for some toilet paper, air freshener (the damp stank is back in our apartment,) and some shampoo.

Finally, last stop of the day, I headed to get my oil changed! Shame on me for waiting so long. I also made the oil guy right down all of the necessary maintenance, because they keep telling me some liquid is a horribly wrong color, but I keep forgetting which one!

Usually I am really nervous going to the oil place because I get a little creeped out. Luckily, I had a really nice man helping me today and the process went smoothly.

I drove home, unloaded the car, and decided to clean up my little car.
I've had my car for 6 years (can you believe it Mom and Dad?) and I usually keep really good care of it. But, having a lack of garage and driveway here in an apartment complex, it's upkeep has been waning. I spent a good hour cleaning, scrubbing, detrashifying, vaccuuming, and washing my car!

I love, love, LOVE, having a clean car. Especially because it makes it look so much newer!
The only thing my car needs is a new set of floor mats.
Other than that, it would look brand new!
I love my car.

More on my car later, I promise.
Aren't you on the edge of your seat?
No?
That's a shame.

Then, I came inside, and completely crashed for about 45 minutes. Then I worked on some paperwork and getting caught up on some emails.

It was a great, productive day!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm glad you have motivation to clean your car.. Mine needs it BADLY but I just don't want to. So next nice day, Im going to make myself because clean cars are better! Hope you're enjoying life in FL...its rainig here in KY and not very nice:(

Kristin said...

I have GOT to clean my car. It has been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks. I need new floor mats too. Having a clean car just makes you feel good :)

Kaylyn said...

love a productive day like that!

OlyviaNoel said...

I love checking things off lists and feeling productive. I just had my car washed this weekend - I was so embarrassed at how dirty I'd let it become! I definitely feel much better driving it and now park farther away from the apartment (husband's advice) to keep the pollen and leaves from dirtying it again.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very full day!! I love my car as well, it's having some problems right now that makes it hard to love it, but It's my first car. You never stop-loving your first car :)

Have a good day!

Unknown said...

I, too love productive days! The satisfaction just gets you hehe! :)

Callie said...

Derek just cleaned our car too, and it is so nice to have it clean! i'm the type to just let the car get dirty, but Derek likes it clean and does a great job! We're the opposite with the house though!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day! You have officially motivated me to clean my car. I love having a clean car too, but somehow never get around to cleaning it!