Tuesday, July 28, 2009

At a Loss For Words

(and yet I have a lot to say.)

Yesterday, we got our dreaded phone call.

Actually, to be more correct, it wasn't dreaded at all, because we totally didn't suspect it.

The Company, that we are moving overseas with, told us to wait an additional 6 months. We were shocked.

And by shocked I mean I cried for almost 6 hours straight.

I might have gotten a little melodramatic calling out to my husband "What are we going to do?!" between sobs, but, it comes with the territory.

Basically, the company (an NPO,) is short on funds due to donors not giving their norm during the recession, so they put a complete hiring freeze for the rest of 2009. We had no idea this was even possible, and we were told we were a a Shoo-in because of how high priority our position was.

The most hard to understand part was that we now only have 9 months until we have to be at training, and that is not enough time to be a teacher (usually 10 month contracts,) but just enough time to drive us completely insane if we stayed with our parents.

Please pray as my sweet Ian scrambles to find a job and provide for us during this confusing time.

Once he has a job, which will most certainly mean a move to another city/state, we will be looking for an apartment and having to unpack some of our things that are already packed and crated for international shipping.

I know God will provide, but our human questions are always "but what and when?"

10 comments:

katie said...

Oh my goodness. I'll be praying for you all as you are in the "waiting" time and that the Lord would make His plans clearly known.

I can imagine how this must be difficult having your life turned upside down-- I would have definitely been dramatic about it too so don't be too hard on yourself. And cry when you need to!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I am praying and sending good ju ju your way. I am so sorry and I hope things are straightened up quickly or at least you find the path you should be on. Be strong girlfriend.

Callie said...

I'll be praying for you Brittany! That must be stressful. Makes you wonder why these things happen sometimes, but keep trusting in the Lord! He knows what He's doing, no?

Jessica said...

Praying for you during this confusing time. I hope everything works out for you, and I'm sure God has a reason...even though it's so frustrating.

Kelley said...

I am so sorry about this having to happen! I will be praying for you and Ian! Believe me, in the past 6 months I've had my share of things being turned upside down, but through it all God has brought us through! I pray for sanity for you in this time as well! I understand how difficult it is!

Jenna said...

Hey girl! Thanks so much the sweet (as always) comment on my blog. I was so sorry to hop over here and read this news - I will pray that everything falls into place and SOON!

Chelsea said...

This absolutely breaks my heart- I am so sorry! By being, for the most part, in the same situation I cannot imagine this happening and how I would react (probably worse...). It is funny how God uses situations like these of brokenness to draw us closer into Him- and I am excited to see that for you guys. We will definitely be praying for you and Ian.

Unknown said...

Positive thoughts being sent out to you at this trying time.

I know you and Ian will continue to seek grace through all this =)

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, Britt.....just now reading this. I know you are heartbroken- I have to believe there is a good reason for this, albeit we have no idea what it is.....trust me this is something I repeat to myself on a daily basis these days. I'm sorry for your disappointment, I really am. I love you very very much.

Kaylyn said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! It is scary, I remember. I'll be praying Ian finds a job very soon!!! Love to you!