(and yet I have a lot to say.)
Yesterday, we got our dreaded phone call.
Actually, to be more correct, it wasn't dreaded at all, because we totally didn't suspect it.
The Company, that we are moving overseas with, told us to wait an additional 6 months. We were shocked.
And by shocked I mean I cried for almost 6 hours straight.
I might have gotten a little melodramatic calling out to my husband "What are we going to do?!" between sobs, but, it comes with the territory.
Basically, the company (an NPO,) is short on funds due to donors not giving their norm during the recession, so they put a complete hiring freeze for the rest of 2009. We had no idea this was even possible, and we were told we were a a Shoo-in because of how high priority our position was.
The most hard to understand part was that we now only have 9 months until we have to be at training, and that is not enough time to be a teacher (usually 10 month contracts,) but just enough time to drive us completely insane if we stayed with our parents.
Please pray as my sweet Ian scrambles to find a job and provide for us during this confusing time.
Once he has a job, which will most certainly mean a move to another city/state, we will be looking for an apartment and having to unpack some of our things that are already packed and crated for international shipping.
I know God will provide, but our human questions are always "but what and when?"