Monday, July 6, 2009

Writer's Block

I've had Writer's Block as of late, and I haven't really figured out the cause or cure.

I have my suspicions, of course. Like maybe the cause is from the complete lack of anything noteworthy going on. And/or from the fact that I keep forgetting to take pictures of the events that are somewhat interesting, like our beach day on Friday, or our family outing to a Disney waterpark on Sunday, or a girls night to a local improv comedy club.

(I always bring my camera, but I seem to have lost interest in using it. That and the fact that since my computer is down, loading pictures on Ian's is a much more difficult and annoying process.)

The cure, I believe, is to get a more exciting life. And believe me, friend, I am working on it.

(I am also working on getting a new camera and some editing software, but patience is required, because those purchases are large, and means that we have to have some sort of income, which we have none of right now.)

And then, there are those funny moments, where I thing to myself "Self, this would be a GREAT blog post!" and then I sit down, and I realize that my post is two sentences long, and that is not so great.

For example. Today's "great," post would have read something like this.

My father in law just walked into the kitchen, where I was peacefully reading, to lament to me and tell me that his computer is infected with a virus. I made my best sympathy face, which is also covertly my "I don't know jack squat about virus' and how to stop them," face, and quickly scurried away to our bedroom so I wouldn't have to fake my knowledge. Then, it dawned on me that I use his computer, now that my computer has no power source, and I spent the next 3 hours pouting over the fact that I had not computer. Then, I spent the next 2 hours feeling guilty that I was so selfish. The computer is still broken.

The end.

OR

Yesterday's amazing post would have read something like this:

Today, we were at Blizzard Beach, a Disney Waterpark, enjoying a day late 4th of July family day. As we lay in our chairs resting, I observed a family with three young children, under the age of 5, and one young girl, about 10-12 years old. The parents were off enjoying the park, and had left the kids under the not so watchful eye of their 22 year old aunt and her boyfriend. Joyous. The screaming 3 year old finally convinced his aunt to buy him a bucket full of ice cream (seriously folks, it's literally a bucket,) and I watched in horror as he gorged himself on a sundae, then threw it up....right in the middle of where people walk! His aunt was unfazed. Then, I continued to watch, as the same 3 year old got in a fight with his 10 year old sister over whether he needed to use the restroom or not. He got so upset while trying to convince her he didn't have to go, he barely noticed when he went....right on the sidewalk! Once again, the aunt was unfazed. I, on the other hand, was disgusted.

The End.

See? Aren't these great stories, in theory? But then you write them and you realize no one would want to read just that!

*sigh*

Only 9 weeks until we are hired and life starts to speed back up again.

Until then, I will keep you only mildly entertained and spend most of my day watching 24 and swimming laps.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

2 comments:

Erin said...

FYI. I think that both of those posts within posts were excellent.

Callie said...

I know what you mean. I'm having serious trouble thinking of anything to blog about today. I'm working on it.