Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Long Farewell

Last Wednesday was my last girls night for awhile. It was an excellent Girls Night, because my friend Katie had just moved into her first apartment, and we had it at her new place!


It was also very sad, because most of us are at this weird point in our lives where we are really "growing up." You know, not making choices that will necessarily keep us around each other forever.


We ate, we chatted, we gave advice. We pried into each other's social lives and threw in our two cents worth as well.

All in a nights work!

And, Jaci (below,) made the BEST homemade chocolate cake. Seriously. I could have eaten four slices of that stuff, but I practiced a little self control.

If any of you don't have a designated Girls Night, I highly recommend it! Not everyone has a bigger group of gal pals like we do (most of us have been friends since 5th/6th grade!) but even a small group of 3 or 4 would work!
Ian knows the value of girl time already, which I really appreciate. He understands that girls express themselves differently with fellow girls than they do with guys. Not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you are making your spouse your "Go to Guy," and not one of your girlfriends.

So we said our goodbyes and went on our way. I wonder how girls night went last night? I wish I could have been there friends.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love girls nights! Looks like you guys had a good time :-)

Kelley said...

good byes are so so hard! what a great group of friends you have though!