Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day in the Life of a Sickie

{which is much different from a sickO, trust me}

Monday morning, Ian and I both woke up with head colds that settled in for the long haul (thanks Dad for giving us these wonderful germs. It's an awesome Christmas present.)

So, through the 11 hour car trip on Monday, then unpacking and moving in yesterday, we just toughed it out.

Then, today happened.

It even started off bad, with me waking up to cracked lips. No big deal, usually. But on this fateful morning, I realized that my cracked lips had actually bled on my mother in laws BRAND NEW pottery barn sheets.

And the sheets are white.

And the awesomeness continues.

Ian and I had a meeting with our shipping consultant, to find out what size of crate we need to ship all of our home goods to Jordan. That was actually uneventful, so I'll move on.

I came home and started laundry, because even in my feeble state I must.be.productive.

I got the first load of jeans in and showered, getting ready to go to the grocery store for all of our New Year's Party supplies when I realized that I had washed every single pair of pants.

Even my work out pants.

And we don't put any of that in a dryer.

I have no clue why.

SO, I got back in my pj's and collapsed into our {sheetless} bed. Sniffling and sneezing every 7.5 seconds.

My poor father in law isn't used to having a sick female in the house. Especially since he can't tell me to stop being a "girly man," which is kind of his catch phrase.

I think he thinks I'm dying.

I'll just let him keep thinking that.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful too. More laundry, more elimination of things that can't fit in our 5 suitcases, more party planning.

Now, I feel relieved to have whined on here for a good while and will go put on my outfit (ehem, workout clothes with a cute fleece,) and head out to eat with the family. Then, on to the movies, to see Sherlock Holmes with the fam.

I hope the people in the row in front of us doesn't mind if I sneeze on them

Because, let's face it.

It's kind of inevitable.

10 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Ohhhh! Feel better! I know how this is :( We are recovering cold-snezzing-messes!
Blessings - have a fun night!

Unknown said...

aw, bless your heart! i can't believe your lips were that chapped! there's nothing worse than a cold, get well soon!

Elizabeth said...

Hope you are start to feel better my dear! I hate being sick, it is the WORST feeling!! Enjoy dinner and the movie tonight!! :-)

Brian and Ashley said...

Yuk! That stinks! I hope you feel better!
Please let us know how Sherlock Holmes is... Brian and I haven't been able to decide if we are going to see it or not, but I kind of really want to. :)

Emily said...

Okay,let's just say that the pants incident was divine intervention...God wanted your "sickie" little self to go back to bed! Hope you and Ian feel better soon!

Jessica said...

I'm sorry you're sick :-( Have fun at the movie though...it's a good one!

Llama said...

oh no sweetie! feel better soon! have a happy new years!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Ohh you poor dear. {hug} I hope you feel better soon! Have fun at the movie...my hubby is hoping to take me to go see it this weekend. :)

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better! It's miserable to be sick.

Happy 2010!

Kelley said...

I hope you are feeling better now! My whole family had a case of the stomach flu when we were home.....thank goodness rhett and I didn't get it!