Monday, February 1, 2010

About Me

Hi there, I'm Brittney, this is my husband, Ian. I grew up in Orlando, Florida, graduated with a BS in Elementary Education from the University of Central Florida and we got married in 2008.

After a period of job searching, I finally landed a teaching position, only to lose it three weeks later because of budget cuts. We knew that it was God's timing, reminding us not to put down roots and to prepare to move overseas. We applied and were accepted, and in January of 2010, we began a long journey to living internationally!

In July of 2010, after a year of trying, we found out we were expecting our first child.

Grace Madeline joined our family on April 2nd, 2011.

We continued on with our studies, learning Arabic at a full time language program. It was the hardest two years of my life- very trying and stretching. The town we lived in was a small village like town in the middle of the desert. There was not many options for women to do outside of their homes.

In January of 2012, my parents came to visit for the first time. At the end of their visit, we found out we were expecting our second child. We finished our language school and, at seven months pregnant, moved our family to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates, for Ian's work.

Sophia Anne joined our family on September 29th, 2012, just 24 hours after Ian's mom arrived for a visit. Her infancy was tough, as she had undiagnosed Silent Reflux for the first five months. Finally, around February of 2013, we got a diagnosis and began treatment.

In July of 2013, my family returned to the States for the first time in three and a half years! We spent six months in the US, traveling with family, celebrating birthdays, and going to Disney. Many firsts occurred during that time and we are so thankful for the refreshing time that it was.

In January of 2014 we returned to Abu Dhabi, to continue our work and for Ian to begin a new job!

I love reading, traveling, photography, and baking! I'm an old soul with eclectic tastes and love reality television a little too much.I love decorating and design but am much better at planning than implementing. My planner and checklists are my favorite things and I am enjoying dipping my toes into crafty ambitions lately.

No comments: