Sunday, May 2, 2010

ETC

Funny how sometimes time seems to pass so quickly.

This week was one of those times.

{well, if I'm being honest, this MONTH has been one of those times...it's MAY already?!?}

We seemed to be on the go from the time my snooze alarm went off at 7:15 to the time when we fell in bed at 11:30 out of pure exhaustion.

We seemed to get nothing done on our "to do" list.

Some things that did happen:

I avoided grocery shopping...for 2 weeks.

I may have had bread/potatoes for 5 meals straight with no meat which led me to crying hysterically in my husband's arms going "I need protein!"

I still haven't gone grocery shopping, and probably won't until Wednesday (our day off.)

I have realized that Arab parenting style does not match up with what I believe in. Like, at all.

I taught my first ESOL accent reduction class.

And I don't know much about accent reduction.

It's very interesting.

I became very sleep deprived, as our sun is rising super early and starting to set even later (6 am to 9 pm.)

Which led me to the decision that we need some black out curtains.

Which led me to the realization that we'll have to wait until our next paycheck...on the 15th.

Boo.

I went to my first progressive dinner...via public transportation. It took FOREVER.

And I bought my first book in Canada. Despite the cost.

Alright. That's all folks. A real post should be coming soon. For now, I must get some sleep. I have to get up at 5:15 tomorrow to go to a marathon! Wahoo!

4 comments:

katie said...

oh goodness girl! I hope you got some protein.

Praying for you!

OlyviaNoel said...

Sounds like a crazy, exciting time for you two! I admire you for staying strong, with or without protein :) Praying for you both!

chloƫ. said...

i totally hear you on the avoiding food shopping/NO protein thing. if i don't get enough protein, i get really weak and shaky and it's not fun.

Lauren said...

Hope you're able to take a big deep breath this week ! I think my body would be screaming for protein as well!