Wednesday, May 19, 2010

That Anne-Girl

"I'm so glad it's a sunshiny morning. But I like rainy mornings real well, too. All sorts of mornings are interesting, don't you think? You don't know what's going to happen through the day, and there's so much scope for imagination.

But I'm glad it's not rainy to-day because it's easier to be cheerful and bear up under affliction on a sunshiny day. I feel that I have a good deal to bear up under. It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you really come to have them, is it?"

I started reading Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery yesterday. I am completely enraptured. There are really no other words to describe me+this book, right now.

I thought that quote perfectly described me and how I feel most mornings.

{I'm a morning person, you know. Ian, he's not a morning person, and how he describes how he feels in the morning is something along the lines of "death, cold toast, and an siren inside of your head."}

I read as I walked to the train, on the train, and as I stood waiting for my bus. I almost cried about a million times. I know the story inside and out, from watching the movies, but have never read them, and a s a purist once told me "the movies are never as goods as the books."

I'm off to dive into Avonlea and be surrounded by beautiful language of a free spirited girl.

Huzzah!

Don't forget about tomorrow's post and the great big giveaway!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE Anne of Green Gables! Movies and books. My moether in law got me the DVDs for my birthday and I was so excited! You got me in the mood to read Anne of Green Gables again :-)

Brittany said...

Books are so much more beautiful. I love the way my imagination brings to life each character. Every flower.. sunrise.. and first kiss. :) No movie producer can ever beat a readers imagination!

Enjoy your book lovely!

Emily said...

I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables series of books!! I always wanted to visit Prince Edward Island to see if it is as pretty as it is described! I'm with Ian on being a morning person...pretty accurate description of how I feel in the morning. Usually because I've had a kid or pet wake me through the night and I've just finally gotten to sleep!

Jessica Boucher said...

You have to read all the books! I think I have read all them at least twice. I really enjoyed the book when she goes to college. Have fun!

Callie said...

I LOVE those books! Some of my favorites ever.