Monday, June 7, 2010

Psyched

Yes, it's been nearly a week, but I really didn't want to blog about all of the things that were bothering me and giving me writer's block.

Because talking about them would mess with my mo-jo.

Trust me.

And I'm sure, in your heart of hearts, you are thanking me for sparing you the angst and ennui I was feeling last week.

Instead, I waited {semi} patiently for a day like today. So, the top 10 reasons I am psyched:

10. My sleep has finally normalized! I'm going to bed earlier and letting myself sleep in rather than worry about my hair! More sleep=happy Brittney.

9. We got to go to a Costco last week, which has us happily stocked up on Almonds, Strawberries, bread, granola bars, and cereal. Also, the markets around here are starting to show off those famous British Columbian produce items that I've been hearing rave reviews about!

8. We are half way through our training here! Well, more than half way, but I forgot to tell you guys when we were half way!

7. The sun, after 1,285,847 hours of being hidden by depressing rain clouds, has finally graced us with its presence for more than 12 hours! Truly this one should be closer to the top of the list.

6. Leftovers are my best friend right now, as we have been SO BUSY the last 10 days that we don't hardly have time to make food! We usually leave the house at 8 and get back after 8! Talk about exhausting. I'm so glad that the leftovers seem to be stretching WAY farther than normal!

5. Care Packages! My momma and daddy sent us a care package with a few things we had left behind and some treats as well! This really made our week and made us so very happy!

4. The car sold! I don't think I mentioned it here, but Ian's dad was trying to sell Ian's car for us. We were worried that it would take forever to sell, but it didn't, Praise God!

3. Because the car sold, in just two short weeks we will be able to pay off all of our credit card debt! WOW! Ditto to the Praise God thing!

2. I got a new lens! the 50 mm 1.8 is my new "baby," and I can't wait to try it out! I've been saving for weeks, and finally had enough to go pick it up! (also, yay for budgeting that allows us each to have spending money for whatever we please! Ian recently bought some ridiculously old video game for his PS3 that he played when he was 10. He is in nostalgia world.)

First new picture snapped of my Ian with his new haircut (that we aren't too fond of, but shhh.)

1. I have my first photo shoot for this weekend! I'm taking baby J's one year birthday photos in a park and I am SO excited about this! I'm also hoping to schedule more (free of course, I'm a newbie,) photo shoots for this month with other friends!

5 comments:

~M~ said...

Sometimes I think leftovers taste better than the original!

katie said...

Great post! I am praising the Lord for rain clouds and respite from the heat today!

Natalie said...

i'm glad you have so many things to be excited about!! : )
My husband is a huge leftover fan but I have never liked them. I wish I did-it would make things a lot easier!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you finally got to see the sun! I'm especially happy that you finally are getting sleep! Both do a world of wonders for a person's psyche!
Tell Ian that the hair will grow back soon! Zachy just went through the same thing, except Zachy's was self inflicted...he cut his own hair for Easter! We buzzed it and it grew back quickly...thank God!
Love from the Vargas Clan!

linley said...

Still reading every post! I like staying updated...and entertained! Miss you guys!