navbar

Image Map

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Learning Curve

I've spent some time playing around with Photoshop Elements this week

And by "playing," I mean crying hysterically and asking "Why won't you listen to me?!"

I may have also made a desperate call to my brother-in-law.

And may have sent an email to Rachel begging for help.

Sorry about that guys.

I have, however, learned alot.

I've watched a ton of tutorials and read a bunch too.

I'm making progress and that feels great.

One thing I learned how to do was to make a watermark.

Although most of my pictures mean nothing now, and I doubt someone would take them, I still wanted to learn how to protect my images in the future.

In case, you know, I'm ever any good.Italic

Just in case.

But first I had to come up with something to put on the watermark.

Should I give myself I name? Really? I thought it might be a little too pretentious to call what I do photography yet.

And I knew I didn't just want to put my name on there. You know, Brittney Galloway, and that's it.

In the end, and after hours of talking this through with my sweet husband {who wanted me to find some cutsey Arabic word to use and I really. Really. didn't} I decided to go ahead and give myself a "photography," name.

Because I could.

So, without further ado, please welcome ....

Ruby Key Photography

I wish I had a reason for the name. I mean, a good reason. But, alas, I'm just one of those people who likes rhyming names, and I wanted to include the "Ruby," from my blog "Far More Than Rubies."

And Ruby Bee sounds a little scary. Like an angry insect.

and Ruby Tree? Yup, that didn't work for me either.

So Ruby Key it was.

Plus, I could make a watermark out of a key. Score.

So here's my first fully edited, processed, and watermarked photo.

I can't wait until we're around people again and can start taking more photos!


11 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous!! That is a really amazing photo!

Natalie said...

it looks great-love it!

Brittany said...

You rock girl!

You're an awesome photogrpher, and this will be perfect! :))

Alison said...

Love the name! It's perfect! You're a great photographer!!

American Mum said...

Wish I could have been more help!

Jessica said...

Looks really good! I love it!

Kelley said...

love love love it!

Lauren said...

Love it...it looks so great! I'm currently fighting WW3 with Photoshop Elements...apparently it doesn't really enjoy the Windows 7 operating system. It's been wonderful!

Anne said...

That is SOOO cool! And Ruby Key is adorable.

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

LOVE that name and LOVE that picture!!

Brian and Ashley said...

Brittney! It looks great! The picture is awesome too... You are so talented!