Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Excitement!

Today was a very exciting day.

For me, anyways.

Ian was his normal laid back self, though maybe I saw him crack more smiles than usual.

Maybe.

He's a pretty smiley guy, so I can't really be sure.

The reason for all of the excitement?

We received a delivery notice of a package yesterday!

Today, at lunchtime, we planned on leaving school to run up to the post office and pick it up.

Imagine my jittery excitement.

A PACKAGE!

From HOME!

From my parents!!!

(they had let me know to be on the lookout for a package, so that's how I knew it was from them.)

Anyways, we arrive at the post office for the third time (we tried twice yesterday but it was closed,) and handed over our pick up form.

Then, please imagine my surprise when he brings out TWO boxes!

I about passed out from all of the excitement. And I was almost in need of some plastic surgery after my grin about split my face.

That's how excited I was.

Turns out there was a package from my parents and a package from my Grandma and Aunt and family!

I tore into the packages as soon as we were in the car. Ian drove us back to school and I spent the next ten minutes oohing and aahing over everything.

Then, I had to try and get everything back into the boxes before we got to school.

It was pure joy, people. Pure joy.
So, for what I'm thankful for today: My family, who surprised us with blessings from home to remind us of fall, thanksgiving, Christmas, and family!

The two boxes, the one from my grandma and aunt on the left, and the one from my parents on the right.
A peek inside the chaos. Beautiful chaos, that is.

These are the goodies from my Grandma and Aunt:
Brownie mix, corn bread mix, Canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, Thanksgiving themed paper plates and napkins, Glittery Pumpkins, A honeycomb turkey (for a centerpiece!) post its, sharpie pens (Ian's FAVORITE!) Sudoku book, Home Alone on DVD (probably my favorite Christmas movie,) Chapstick, Christmas placemats and dishtowel, babies first nail clippers and brush and comb set, and an over the door Christmas hanging that lights up and sings "It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas!"

Wow. That was alot to pack into a box. But what a beautiful surprise! And I'm so grateful for the holiday items that will make our house feel more like home this Thanksgiving and Christmas!
This is the box from my parents and all of the goodies:

Better Homes and Gardens magazine, two flavors of Crystal Light, Milk and Dark Hot Chocolate packets, Corn Bread mix, Thanksgiving themed sprinkles and cupcake liners, Thanksgiving themed pot holders and dish towel set, Fajita and Taco seasoning packets, BlowPops (Ian's favorite!) Caramel Apple Pops, and Candy Corn/ Candy Pumpkins. And I can't forget about the oh-so-cute set of Fall cookie cutters that my Dad picked out for me himself! Love them!!

Thanks so much mom and dad! This totally made our week!


We stopped by a local grocery store on our way home from school today, and wouldn't you know it?

I found a gigantic string of "Fall Leaves," on sale for like 4 dollars. Amazing.

And this is what you get when your husband tells you to stop smiling or "making that face."

Sillyness incarnate:
Happy Fall Ya'll!

I hope your November is starting out with a bang and that we are all finding different reasons to be thankful!

15 comments:

Hannah said...

yay for sweet gifts and reminders of home!

Elizabeth said...

How fun to receive a package!!! What a surprise!

Amanda said...

that is so exciting! i bet that was fun to rip into! i'm sure it will be nice to have those fall decorations around. enjoy your goodies and hope you are doing well!!! :)

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

What a REALLY fun blessing! I am sure you just LOVE it :) That is wonderful!

Rachel and John said...

Aw how Exciting!!! I love packages from home. I can't wait to see how you decorate for thanksgiving and Christmas!

Rachel and John said...

Aw how Exciting!!! I love packages from home. I can't wait to see how you decorate for thanksgiving and Christmas!

Callie said...

How sweet of your families! Lots of good fall stuff in there!

Alison said...

YAY for TWO packages from home!! I know you are loving all the fall goodies!! So fun!! :)

katie said...

Looks like you are all set up to celebrate Thanksgiving!! How exciting to get all those goodies!

Courtney said...

That's some impressive packing skills! Yay for fall and Christmas decorations! What I liked most about this post was the 2 pictures of you! You wouldn't be missing much of the fall weather here yet, though we are below 100 :) I love you friend!

Kristi McInerney said...

I love mail...and packages are super fun!!! You are really loved my dear!

Unknown said...

Aww you lucky lady =]. I love those Fall leaves!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

What a wonderful surprise! and what a blessing to have such supportive families while you're so far away from home.

Jessica said...

Aww, what great gifts! I bet they help to make your house feel more like home! I think I have that same set of cookie cutters! haha...so cute!

Kelli said...

two packages in one day!! wow!! i wonder if they mailed them on the same day? i know when your mom was here she was wondering out loud when you would get your package. enjoy those items for many days to come and let them be visual reminders of how loved you are and that people all over the world are keeping you, ian and baby close, even though you are so far away. we love you!!