Friday, July 29, 2011

{Memorize}

Lately, the importance of Scripture memorization has been lain on my heart. This summer has been a particularly dry time for me, spiritually, and I know it has been from not being in the Word enough.

I'm one who thinks that I am not supposed to be "fed," but it is my responsibility to find the food.

If I can be brutally honest, I wasn't eating much. Or, if I was, it was drive through or a smoothie- any way to get "full," as quickly and painlessly as possible.

I came to a breaking point a couple of weeks ago, and the Lord has rebuked me and redeemed me again, pulling me back into His arms and pointing me in the right direction. My quiet time is more stable, I've started Beth Moore's Esther for Bible Study, and my prayer life is stabilizing.

But Scripture memorization.

Phew.

That's a tough one for me.

I know it is important.

I know it is valuable.

I just have a hard time committing them to memory.

So, here is my two part question:
1.) What is your FAVORITE memory verse or life verse (please put the full verse here, not just the reference!)
2.)How do you go about memorizing and filling your life with Scripture?

Can't wait to hear all of your responses, and I hope this helps others out there who may be struggling like I am!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i am also doing a study on the book of Esther. the one i am doing is by elizabeth george though. i have heard the beth moore one is amazing. well i was doing really well at scripture memory at the start of this year....and somewhere along the way i fell of the wagon for a bit. it really is so important. i am so much stronger when i am continually quoting scripute and have verses on my heart everyday. my life verse is "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path" prov. 3:5-6.