Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Seven Months, Grace!

I am getting more and more behind with my Grace posts. This is 16 days late, so she's technically closer to 8 months old than 7 now!

Clothes: She is still in 3-6 month old clothes. Unless she hits a growth spurt soon, I am guessing she'll be in this size well into January. I am trying to get her into all of her cute outfits at least once- trouble is, she has so many pretty dresses but no "fancy" place to wear them, ha!

Food: Grace still nurses every three hours from 7 am until 7 pm and eats 3 meals of solid food a day. After her 6 month appointment, where the dr was a little worried about her weight (she lost a couple of ounces in a month and dropped from the 25th percentile to the 10th percentile) I worked really hard at reestablishing my milk supply and feeding her more solids. We didn't really see much of a difference until the last week (so technically not part of this post, ha!)

Grace began solid foods on her 6 month birthday, with carrots. Avocados (she's allergic), bananas, peas, apples, squash, pears, sweet potatoes, and her rice cereal were all we got around to this month.

Sleep: Grace sleeps from 7pm until 7am, usually uninterrupted. There was a week when she started waking up at 6 am, and frustrated us since our waketime is 7am. We figured out it was because our upstairs neighbors leave for school at that time and are pretty noisy. If she wakes up at that time, I'll nurse her and put her back down, and then her real wake time will be closer to 7:30.

She started napping a little more at day care, maybe a 30 minute nap 3 out of 5 days there, and takes a 2-3 hour nap when we get home in the afternoon.

Activity: Grace is a master sitter and can even pull herself up into a sitting position if she's fallen back onto her pillow (but not from flat off of the ground.) She's been fascinated with clapping hands, waving, and is now ticklish! She loves watching mouths and music is her favorite thing- might we have a little musician on our hands?

Personality: Grace is still a Momma's Girl, which just melt my heart and frustrates me, as I really want her to be comfortable with a variety of people. I tried to just cherish this time that she just wants to be with me, because pretty soon she's going to be on the move and wanting to go to people that have something interesting, ha!

She loves being talked to, sung to, and danced with. We read to her almost every day and she has become able to sit still for longer and play with the pictures/pages.

Miscellaneous:

*Grace loves her bedtime routine. I know I said this last month but it is so funny how once we start, with dinner, there is not stopping or turning back. This kid knows that it goes dinner, bath, and bed, and she can't wait to be put down for the night!

*Still not really babbling much. Occasionally when you are crying, you'll make a garbled Ma-ma sound, but you really only blow raspberries and suck in on your lip (making a slurping sound,) with regularity.

Grace, my darling baby. We love you so much. I can't believe you are on the downside of the hill to your first birthday. We have a lot of fun things planned for the rest of your first year- a trip to Turkey, Thanksgiving, Christmas, your grandparents visiting, and house hunting! We love you so much and can't wait to share in your exciting life.

Love,
Your Momma

3 comments:

Tami said...

It's hard to believe she's almost 8 months old. She looks adorable in her pink dress and sweet little bow. That is so awesome that she loves bedtime so much. I really wish we could Emerson to love her bedtime routine. :)

Lauren said...

I can't believe how fast she's growing...and I'm so happy she gets to see her grandparents soon!

Dress her up girl...I plan on doing the same with Elyse, even if we don't have anywhere to go! ha!

The Barker's said...

Such a sweet picture of her!!! Cannot believe our girls are getting so big!!! I haven't done my 7 th month post yet!! I have the pictures done! It's hard to find the time in all the madness!!! House hunting?!? So exciting!!!! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!