Thursday, May 3, 2012

{I}

{I} finally have glasses again. The last pair I bought was in my freshman year of college. And though they were a great pair, for the last year they have only had one arm and have sat haphazardly on my face. I'm glad to have a new pair again.

{I} wish I could be with my Mom, Grandma, and Aunt today, as they are all together. My grandma is having a procedure and I wish I could hold her hand and give her a hug. It's been two years since I've seen my family and I love and miss them so!

{I} think that repelling out of a hovering helicopter doesn't sound scary at all. I'm just saying.... I'd do it in a heartbeat. You're attached to a rope after all, and it's not like your body weight is going to bring down the chopper, right? Now, try to talk me into skydiving and that's another story. Though, oddly enough, it is one of my life goals, I'm just terrified of jumping out of a plane!

{I} have less that 28 days of school left until I am done with the full time Arabic language program. I'm pretty proud of the progress I have made and the level I have achieved despite dealing with culture shock, pregnancy, being a new mom, and, oh yeah, pregnancy again!

{I} thought about getting a blog makeover, but I really wanted to keep the layout and background. So I suppose I just wanted to change the header and the sidebar details but I will have to wait until after language school to tackle that project. I've had this design for so long though, that I'm having a hard time letting go!

{I} kept myself up tonight, despite being tired, because going to bed at nine o clock seemed like such a waste of a quiet evening. Grace was sleeping, Ian was entertained, and if I went to sleep, I might never get the chance to do whatever I want again this weekend!

{I} wept openly this week when I had a pregnancy craving for a McDonald's cheeseburger. There is a McD's just 5 miles away, but is unfortunately on the other side of an international border.

{I} can't get on pinterest with out getting nauseated with morning sickness. Something about all of those food pictures just do me in.

{I} am having a slight media crisis- I want new tv shows (downloadable off of itunes,) and a book series to read (fiction, funny, not crude or involving any sort of marital infidelity.) Anyone have any suggestions?

{I} really need a vacation. Can I get an Amen?! We're not going to get one this year, but I'm holding out hope that we can get a night away at a hotel sometime in the next 4 or 5 months. *Sigh* I really love hotels. I'm not sure where that stems from, but it is how I am re energized and rejuvenated. I'd also really love a (real) massage. I've heard those are re energizing and rejuvenating too, but I wouldn't know, as I've never had one! One day!


6 comments:

Callie said...

It's true, massages are SO NICE! I love staying in hotels too. As far as books, I heard from another blogger about the a book called "Daughter of China" and it sounds like an interesting series - so it's on my list to read next! If you read it first you have to tell me how you liked it.

Lyndsey said...

I just got new glasses too and my old ones were from high school! I wouldn't go out in public with them on.

Your Pinterest comment made me laugh! Hopefully when you move you'll have more access to the foods you're craving??

Emily Powell said...

almost done with school?! wow! you're not going to know what to do with all your free time!

Tami said...

Yay for new glasses! I am so sorry you couldn't get your Mickey D's! Soon enough you will be here and you can get it anytime you want. You can probably even get it delivered- and anything else you want! :) Have you read and Karen Kingsbury books? I'm reading Leaving right now and it is really good. I've actually loved every one of the books I've read by her. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Lauren said...

stinkin' international borders! ughhh!! hope you get your Micky D's soon!

Barbara Youngren said...

If you are looking for a fun series... have you read the Jan Karon books? If you liked her, you might also like Gail Fraser and the Lumby series. Both are fun and not crude - kind of sweet in an offbeat way. Congratulations on your pregnancy! (My first two were 14 months apart. After the initial shock of newborn and very young toddler, it was great. They are still the best of friends!)