Thursday, December 27, 2012

Books in 2012

One of my goals for 2012 was to read 20 books in the year. In 2009 my goal was to read 50 and I made it, but 2010 and 2011 were filled with alot of moving around and learning a foreign language, so my reading dropped off significantly.

I casually read during the first half of the year, because I was still in full time language school and was left feeling mentally drained by the time class was over each day. When school was out, we moved and Sophia arrived just two months later, followed closely by the busy holiday season. I thought for sure that I wasn't going to make my goal, but when I sat down and compiled my list of books, I was pleasantly surprised at how many I had read just naturally throughout the year!

Considering this is my only goal from the year that truly got met, I am proud of it!

1. The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins
4. I've Got Your Number- Sophie Kinsella
5. The Sunday Philosophy Club- Alexander McCall Smith
6. Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card
7. Bringing up Girls- Dr. James Dobson
9. The Three Musketeers- Alexander Dumas
10. Love and Respect- Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
11. Her Mother's Hope- Francine Rivers
12. Her Daughter's Dream- Francine Rivers
13. Without a Trace- Colleen Coble
14. Beyond a Doubt- Colleen Coble
15. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
16. Hope for the Weary Mom: Where God Meets You in Your Mess- Brooke McGlothlin and Stacey Thacker
17. The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien
18. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
19. Humility: True Greatness- C.J. Mahaney
20. I Will Carry You:The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy -Angie Smith

I also reread:
- MiniShopaholic- Sophie Kinsella
-The Duggars: 20 and Counting- Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
-The Negotiator- Dee Henderson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Pride and Prejudice!!!!