Monday, January 14, 2013

Lately

Lately life has been a bit of a whirlwind. I can not believe it has already been two weeks since New Year's Eve. Incredible. Ian's workload has picked up which is good, but it also means that he is busy alot more. I have been spoiled for the last two years having him around to help almost 24/7. It's taking a bit of adjusting, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

We've had friends in town for the last week and it has been fun showing them around. It's always fun to look at the culture you are living in through fresh eyes.

We just finished up the first two weeks of South Beach Diet (phase one.) It was HARD the first five days or so but then all of my bread and sugar cravings just disappeared. Well, not ALL of them, but most of them. Weight just fell off and now we are trying to decide on how to proceed into Phase 2.

We finally bought ourselves and upright vacuum cleaner. It's beautiful. And loud. So I can only vacuum when Grace is out of the house, or she screams like she is being physically harmed. 

My girls are still doing just about the same. Grace is cute and amazing and Sophia is...an infant. Let's just leave it at that. She's cute and amazing too, just alot more needy physically than Grace is. It's really different for me between baby #1 and baby #2. With Grace I was always dressing her up and putting head bands on her, she was with me constantly. With Sophia, I'm lucky if she is in clean pajamas and I tend to leave her at home with Ian if possible during errand time. It's just easier than taking two. I suppose that's good though, Grace gets some one on one time.

The girls shared their first bath together....

Grace helped wash Sophia and it was super sweet.

We're trying to squeeze in as many play dates as possible with Tami and Emerson before they move. Gosh, that made me so sad just typing that. I can't believe they are moving so soon! Grace adores Emerson and even recognizes her neighborhood as soon as we pull in. She also loves bumming dried apples off of Tami, but I suppose that's okay!

 Picture taken at a great playground, but it wasn't the best play time for the girls- apparently E is not  fan of sand, which covered the ground of the playground!

See, here is some sweet Sophia...



Her dimple is just heart warming! She makes great eye contact and has just started to make real jerky movements with her arms in order to bat at something and make it move.

We're just trekking along, not really anything crazy exciting, but I suppose I'm glad of that!

3 comments:

Emily Powell said...

love that cute little dimple!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

They look so cute in the bath together.

Tami said...

Awww- I love that picture of the girls on the swing! We sure will miss y'all! And I don't blame you a bit for leaving Sophia while you run errands. I've already told you how terrifying it is to me to think about being out and about with two! :) That last picture of Sophia is just precious- I just that sweet baby smile!