Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's Almost Time!!

In less than 24 hours we will head to the airport!

That's all I have to say, really.

More of a status update than a blog post, I suppose.

Our move went seamlessly. Took much longer than we thought and I had to literally drive circles around Abu Dhabi so the girls would sleep, but we all survived.

We had our first of two nights in a hotel and Grace slept in a big girl bed for the first time, no problems!

Except when her head got wedged off the edge of the bed, but oh well.

And Sophia? She turned 9 months old yesterday, went swimming for the first time today, and is sleeping like a champ in our hotel shower. (please tell me we aren't the only ones who put our pack n play in weird places like this?)

Now, we just wait until tomorrow night, at 10 pm, when we head to the airport. And yes, we are flying the red eye with a toddler and an infant. Awesomeness.

We will survive though and the next time I will be writing will be from the States! Amazing!

7 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Safe travels!

KK

erica @ to the sea said...

good luck with the flight!

Emily Powell said...

G sleeps in bathrooms and closets too. She needs her own space!

Lyndsey said...

Woohoo! Safe travels!!

Emily said...

So exciting! Praying for you guys and safe travels!

Lauren said...

safe travels for sure!

Courtney said...

I cannot express how excited I am!!! I'm glad the first part has gone smoothly and pray the travel portion does as well! In 24 hours you'll be here!!!!!!