Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flashback: Weekend in Atlanta

Please allow me to jump back two months or so. Somehow, in the mess of road tripping and getting settled into Orlando, I completly missed our weekend getaway to Atlanta, Georgia! Back in the spring, my parents asked me for an outing that I really wanted to do while we were in the States. My answer? An Atlanta Braves baseball game, of course!

So, the last weekend of August, we caravaned to Atlanta with a pitstop in Chattanooga, Tennessee, first, to see the aquarium.

Then, after a quick lunch, we finished our trip and made it just in time to see the Atlanta Braves game! My parents got Grace her very own tomahawk, which she loved, and she quickly perfected the art of the chop!

I'm pretty sure my mom got up to get Grace a snack or take her to the bathroom every single inning, but we lasted ten (Yes, TEN,) innings and got Sophia to take a nap in our Boba. We finally left because the extra innings were never ending and I could feel a meltdown approaching (by the girls, or by me, you will never know.)

The next morning we got up, checked out, headed to breakfast, and ran some errands while Sophia napped. We met up with Ian's extended family in North Georgia for Sunday lunch and loved having the rare opportunity to see so many of his Aunts, Uncles, and cousins all in one place. Grace loved the cupcakes of the birthdays we were celebrating!

That night, we headed up to Ian's Aunt and Uncle's place- Woodlands Camp up in the mountains of Northern Georgia. It was neat to see all of the changes that have taken place and to hear the stories of so many changed lives.
We met up with Ian's grandparents for a quick lunch and then hit the road to get back to Nashville. It was a fun, packed weekend that came and went all too quickly!


No comments: