Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Empty Frame- A Summer Goal

We've been in our house for almost three months now. (That's it? It seems like we've been here forever!) All of the boxes are unpacked and put away and everything is organized and in its place.

Including, empty frames. They are all over the place in my house, but they have no picture inside of them! I have two beautiful daughters and hundreds of pictures that are frame worthy but have not taken the time to print any.

As I stood in my house the other day and thought through what I could do with a free evening, my list of unfinished projects came to my mind. I origianlly thought that my New Year's Resolution would be to finish all of my unfinished projects but, at the time, we were uncertain of where we would be and what the job situation would look like.

Now, as the Abu Dhabi summer approaches (or is upon us, as it was 110 yesterday!) I thought that making one of our family goals for the summer would be to work through my list of unfinished projects. We can't go outside alot during this time and we are on a pretty tight budget, so I will mostly be doing things that are free or cheap in my house.

Does anyone else want to finish some projects with me?

Here are a few of the things that I could come up with:

-Print pictures for empty frames.
-Finish furnishing our family room! (most expensive task, obviously.)
-Finish designing photo albums online and save for printing at another time (2012, Sophia's 1st Year, 2013, Family Vacation 2014.)
-Lesson plan for the Fall semester for Grace.
-Laminate and put together all materials needed for the Fall
-Write in and finish the girls' baby books
-Finish Ruth Bible study by Kelly Minter
-Get caught up on our family on the blog
-Finish monogram art piece and vinyl word art

I'm sure more unfinished tasks will surface and I hope to get through them all

No comments: